Sunday, March 22, 2009

Finding a Ferrari in a Junk Yard: Motherload of Billboard Paper

Billboard paper printed with a screen dot pattern aka CMYK process is not done anymore, the last known batch in Phoenix was printed in 2005. It has been replaced with huge Epson Inkjet printers. Every Friday, I go to collect billboard paper mis-prints in the yard of the company that prints the majority of billboard paper not only for Phoenix, but for national distribution. I never thought I would see anymore of the screen dot pattern paper again...well you know where this is going. Motherload, baby! JACKPOT! Friday, they had two pallets loaded with this stuff. The raw materials that allow me to make my collages. I had been careful about how much I used before because I knew there would be no more, now I have twenty boxes with at least 60 sheets each that are 60" x 72" which is 36,000 square feet of possible collage imagery. Holy crap! Here are some images, check out the insane dot patterns.


No comments: